Monday 25 May 2015

V Cushion Love

Love my V cushion, Snuggly and comfy and just perfect to have my first cup of tea in the morning!
But the covers I bought for it were boring or too big and it was really the ugly duckling among the other pillows!!
Then I got Jan Eatons 200 Crochet Blocks book and had a brainwave! I would make samples of the blocks and cover my ugly pillow!


The colours I picked from my stash of Stylecraft Special DK were pale rose, aspen, cream, sherbet, peach, mocha and lilac. Parchment was chosen to join them all together.
I made 24 different squares. Each square is 15cm  (6") I used a 4mm hook.
This is just a selection of the patterns I picked:



 I blocked every one which really does improve how they look and makes joining so much easier!
I laid them out on the cushion to see which way was best.


I then decided that I would use a 3 chain braid to join them. This is a lovely, quick, neat joining method and brilliant for solid grannies. Bethinx 1 has a good tutorial on YouTube on this.


Coming together!

When I had both sides joined I joined them together by making a granny stitch gusset all the way around leaving the bottom of the cushion open.




Here I added another row of granny stitch then made a long chain which I threaded through to close the cushion and tied it with a bow.



Very pleased with how it looked! A vast improvement on its previous cover!

xxx Eirawen

No comments:

Post a Comment