Thursday 14 August 2014

A Rosy Posy Cushion

I just LOVE making granny squares! I'm a granny square addict...oh yes! And one of my favourite things is using them to make cushions. They make up quickly and are very useful. You can't have too many cushions, there is always room for more cushions!
This is one of my favourite granny square designs for a cushion, full of textured yumminess!

The pattern for the square is from Millie Makes
I have used Stylecraft Special DK in pale rose, mocha, peach, parchment and cream, a 4mm hook and made 10 squares.
Here we go with the joyous join as you go! Such fun! Attic 24 has a good tutorial on this here as does YouTube and The Patchwork Heart has a useful JAYG map here


Love how it makes almost a celtic knot effect at the corners.
That's the front all joined!
For the back I used a flower square in the middle and just added borders around in any combination I fancied at the time until it was the same size as the front usually about 11 rounds.
Put the two pieces together and join with a dc around. I usually start on the left side about 4 3tr in and finish 4 3tr in on the other side to leave opening for the pillow insert...does that make sense?
As I finish the joining I continue along one side only to make a gusset to put the buttons on. I use a htr for this and usually do about six rows
Add your buttons and close!
All finished...

This makes a 14x14" cover. The insert should be 16x16" to plump your cushion!

Use different colours and the cushion can be equally stunning!



Enjoy xxx Eirawen













No comments:

Post a Comment