Sunday 17 August 2014

V Stitch Blanket

Well the return journey from Anglesey required a crochet project to keep us all sane.
 I had yarn left over from the Polar Bear blanket and started a simple granny stitch blanket... then not long into the journey I decided I wanted to do something different. Oh the wonders of a smart phone... onto Google to check out the Vstitch that has had such a surge in popularity at the moment.
 There are so many variations out there but I just went with the first one that came up on my phone!
V Stitch
I made a chain of 97 and off I went!
It makes up really quickly and as I was only using 3 colour changes I was able to carry the yarn up the side so there would be no pesky ends to sew in!
There is a helpful tutorial here. The yarn will be hidden by the border.
I chose a simple dc and did 8 rows with 3 dc in each corner. The 8th row has not yet been done in this picture as I had run out of the chocolate brown and had to get some more!
Last time blocking like this as thought it time to invest in proper blocking boards with a grid. Very excited and can't wait for them to arrive.
Well that's it... now what to do next  :) The blanket size is approx 100x73 cms

xxx Eirawen





No comments:

Post a Comment