Tuesday 26 August 2014

Lavender Blanket

My favourite colour is purple, it doesn't matter what hue just love purple! I even have a purple car and a purple Eeyore on my key ring! So when I decided I was going to make a blanket with solid granny squares and there was purple in my yarn basket that was it... colour decision made!
Stylecraft wisteria, violet and white. I know ... no mention of lavender... but to me it reminds me of  lavender so hence the name!

The square is just a basic solid granny. I used a 4mm hook and this is the pattern I used.

4ch, sl st to join ( or magic circle)
1. 3ch 2tr, 2ch 3tr, repeat twice more until 4 corners, sl st to join.
2. 3ch, tr into each tr, 2tr 4ch 2tr in each corner, sl st to join.
3.Repeat round 2
4 Repeat round 2

As usual I omitted the last round as I will join using the join as you go method. Now this is slightly different on a solid granny square and Oana's crochet channel on YouTube has a good explanation of this method here  
Got the production line going and made 48 squares.
Then joined them with white with the join as you go method. The patchwork heart has a useful jayg map.
Yaay border time! I did 3 rounds of trebles then 2 rounds of block stitch (dc, 1ch, sk st, ) repeat. I am not a pattern writer so hope that makes sense! Then added a simple picot border.

Ta'dah! This came out at approx 92x70cms so a lap or baby blanket size. I loved the pattern made by the chain corners and of course its in my favourite colours so a winner all round!

xxx Eirawen
 
Different colour combo of Stylecraft silver, white and lemon and an extra round of trebles on the granny square.








No comments:

Post a Comment